My Aly
The world may just see an old lady now, for in terms of age that is what you are, but I see so much more.
You are the one person who accepted me as me from the start and who saw through the pain and the strangeness and loved what was there.
You are the one who gave me time and allowed the terrible storms from within me to pass.
You are the one who won't except me retreating from the world as I do so many times and would do without you being with me.
You have been there for me when I was lost and confused, the constant place of safety I needed.
You are the one that knows my strengths and allows me to have them even if the world doesn't see them.
With you I am not afraid of showing my intelligence, my many loves for things that others might not understand.
You are the one that understands my confusion and has seen my body break down through ill health. For you were there when I felt a "full man" and could do so much more
You are the one who calls me her grumpysaurus
You know every corner of my soul and who reminds me of how gentle I still am, how easily hurt I get
Only you have the calming words
You turned me on (in all ways ) with your beauty and I have never been off since.
You and I both know how we've helped each other, how it has not just been a one way thing. How my strengths and love have helped, because you saw these when no other could.
We've been through so much together and there is so much more I say, but that was yesterday
Now we face the final pages together, with some security as we've not had before. A reward perhaps, for all with been through?
I still smile when you call me your Kevy and each night when the last things we say is I love you to each other.
The world might see only what their eyes behold, but I see my wife, my beautiful Aly
Others might not read this, I just wrote it from my heart so it could be here for it eternity so that the past, the present and the times yet to be would know of the special soul that is MY ALY
No comments:
Post a Comment