Monday, 26 August 2024

Mum Please hold me again

Please can you hold me again
Can you comfort me as you did when I was young
Will you hold me and let my tears fall as I tell you
of my fear.
Will you cuddle me once again and tell me
you will always love me like you did back then
Will you let me be the child in your arms just for
a little while
because I am afraid and frightened of what lays ahead
I need some time not to be the adult, the husband and everything else.
Please can I hear your voice, telling me it will be alright
and have a cup of tea
Please can I know you are near
Oh please can I be the child again
safely in your arms and being rocked to sleep
because I am really frightened of what lays ahead
so Please can you hold me again

©️Kev T Brown


No comments:

Post a Comment

Manx General Election 24 September 2026. A personal reflection

 The Manx General Election took place on Thursday 24 September 2026, it was our chance to elect a new government for the next 5 years. I can...