Monday, 30 August 2021

MY ELLAN VANNIN

 

MY ELLAN VANNIN


Oh my Ellan Vannin

the place beyond time

where poets hearts belong


When first I set foot upon you

your soul did speak

and said to me

welcome son


As I wondered through you

like those before the Celti came

those who loved you

but now we can not name

I saw you through their eyes

I heard you through their ears

I loved you through their hearts


My Ellan Vannin

as you now are

many names

you’ve been known

by before

many names

you will be known

in times

when poets

no longer

write in rhymes


I say to you ©now

you are my home

my place where

my soul will always

be

My Ellan Vannin


©merimaat 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment

Manx General Election 24 September 2026. A personal reflection

 The Manx General Election took place on Thursday 24 September 2026, it was our chance to elect a new government for the next 5 years. I can...