Thursday, 1 July 2021

Yes dear I still love you

 YES DEAR I STILL LOVE YOU

Oh God she's at it again

moaning at everything I do 


Oh God why does he have to be

so untidy


Oh now she's moaning that I 

never listen


Why is he ignoring me

and looking at the TV


Look at us both

we've grown old together

well past the bloom of youth

No longer nights of passion

No let's do something sexy

more lets try to keep awake so

we can watch that thing on the telly


Oh God now she smiles and my heart melts

She reads me like a book as she always has

When I was younger and she was my Lancashire lass

Oh he's smiling too

We've grown old together you and I

Will be together even when we die

He reads me look a book

I tell he's doing so by his look


Do we really need to say these words 

we both know are true

Yes dear I still love you


(c)copyright 2021 merimaat (Kev T Brown) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Manx General Election 24 September 2026. A personal reflection

 The Manx General Election took place on Thursday 24 September 2026, it was our chance to elect a new government for the next 5 years. I can...