I have in the last week upgraded my iPhone 15pro for the iPhone 17pro having seen that the 15 had gone from the official Apple website. That is not that you can not still get one as the website states that it is available at authorised sellers. I was concerned that because of this that I might not get as much trade in value for my 15pro as I would at the moment, if I waited much longer, so it seemed logical to use my savings and go for the 17 Pro now which I did.
In real life the iphone17pro looks far better than it does in the advertisements and online, all of the colours are so much nicer even from a distance. The cosmic orange, which I eventually chose is really different to any other mobile telephone colour I have seen and it has far more depth to it than you think it has.
The design again is far better in real life and it really has that wow factor that makes you look at it. A further point I would make is that it looks solid and almost "shouts" I am here and I am going to be the mobile for you.
I really loved the feel of it when I held it for the first time. Slightly heavier than the 15 pro, it is noticeable not that much of big difference because you have a bigger display area. The full details are on the Apple website if you are interested in knowing them.
Setting up
I left the setting up to the person who was helping me as they know far more than I do and if there was a mistake then it was theirs' not mine. You need to have your Apple I.D. and password to start the the process, so take it with you to where you are getting your phone from (I forgot and had to come home and get it and then go back to the shop before I could begin things). Be aware that it can take some time to complete the transfer across, the SIM card etc. and the update required before you can use your new phone, it about and hour for it all to be done in my case.
Adding Bank cards to the Wallet:
Before you can add your bank cards to the wallet, which if we are honest most of us use rather than a physical card now. The card will need to be verified before you can use it on your new mobile. The easiest way to do this is through your mobile banking application, or you will struggle to do so. After you have set up the mobile banking (do not forget the biometric setting up), log in and go to the account with the card, the one you have used on your old mobile and there will be a section showing to added to wallet, just follow the instructions and it is then added with verification to the wallet ready to use.
With the wallet set up you may need to check that other applications you use work or you may have to sign in to them with your password.
FIRST IMPRESSIONS
The biggest change I have found is the speed of things with the 17 pro compared to the 15 pro, it really is noticeable and impressive, so much so that I kept trying to see if I could slow it down and I could not do so.
INTERNET CONNECTION/MOBILE DATA
Mobile internet connection or data was also a bit step forward and it never dropped the connection all the time I used it while we were out. To be honest it was that good that I forgot to change over to the home internet (broadband) when I got home. Running a speed test using the home broadband it was very fast, double and more than what it had been with the iPhone 15 pro.
MESSAGING AND TEXTING
I do not use texting or messenger much, but I thought I would try them out. Receiving and sending both was easy to do and both were sent and received quickly. This could be due to my service provider as well as the improvements made on 17pro.
CAMERA
The camera is really impressive. Apple have advertised it as part their promotion for the 17 pro and using it both in dull and bright light is excellent and the quality of the photographs, I have to use that word excellent again. I have not as yet used it to its full capability so I am waiting to see how great the zoom really is.
SOUND QUALITY
The improvement here between the 15 pro and the 17 pro is like going from a vinyl record to a compact disk, it is that good. Receiving calls is now something I will not worry about nor sending them as the microphone means that I can use my normal voice level and not have to raise it as I have had to to do with every other telephone I have used.
DO NOT LIKE
I really do not like the number of buttons on the side of the telephone and I am not sure they are necessary. I do not know what Steve Jobs would make of them, perhaps he would have asked the engineers to come up with a better solution.
DAILY USE
The 17 pro is so easy to use that you can almost think that you have had it for much longer than you have had, it just does things and you do not have to think about how to do them. I am not sure I can write much more than that.
CONCLUSION
The iPhone 17 pro, is not that more expensive to buy than the 17 so if you can afford to do so, it is worth the extra money. Even in the few days that I have had it, I have no hesitation in stating that it is the best mobile I have ever owned. The build quality, is obvious from the start as is the quality of the screen which I really think is outstanding for clarity. The battery charge holds well. I did top up the battery to full when I first got my phone I have not had to recharge it since, so the 30 hours Apple claim for it are probably true. I do not play games on it which why I say probably.
Few of us are really interested in all the technical details of our telephone, all we really want to know is that it is reliable, looks good, is easy to use and has a good camera and on all of these things the 17pro excels. It is worth checking directly with the Apple website about the phone and the same website is good for finding out answers, rather than searching elsewhere for them.
Linking with your other Apple devices is automatically done so you don't have to do anything more. I am not sure about the connections with other manufacturers, again the place to go would be the Apple website.
I would suggest getting a case to protect your phone, there are many places to get them from and they vary in price and quality.
I always knew that I would upgrade my iPhone 15pro to another iPhone sooner or later. I was never going to go for the 16 range, because, well perhaps Apple had a misfire with that one. Going for the 17pro was an easy choice to make, however I did not expect it to be as great as it is and that is why I would have no hesitation in recommending it to others.
No comments:
Post a Comment