Thursday, 19 January 2023

I wish - (the child talking)

 

I WISH(the child talking)


I wish I could believe

the words

you say


Then I hear

the words of yesterday


You didn’t know me then

You don’t know me now


I wish I believed that

hurt won’t happen

again

but I know it will


I wish I believed in family

but I don’t

for there was always

them and us

but not me


I wish the child inside

never had learnt to hide

the tears deep inside

I wish

but wishing is just fantasy

not real

just me

the shadow of the past


Oh you may think this is about

me

then you never read my

poetry as other

than words

it is just a wish

or is it a heart talking


©meirmaat2023


No comments:

Post a Comment

Manx General Election 24 September 2026. A personal reflection

 The Manx General Election took place on Thursday 24 September 2026, it was our chance to elect a new government for the next 5 years. I can...