Sunday, 28 August 2022

THE CHILD WITH NOWHERE EYES

 

THE CHILD WITH NOWHERE EYES

I see the child with nowhere eyes

I hear the child with no voice

when it cries


I see the child with nowhere eyes

trying to tell the truth

while others believe the lies


I see the child with nowhere eyes

asking where is my family

everyone has one

why not me

what have I done so wrong


I see the child with nowhere eyes

trying so hard to fit in

to be like all the others when his body

just won’t do

what it is is supposed to


I see the child with nowhere eyes

able to do what others find impossible

yet his words are dismissed

as fantasy

or he’s told off for taking things too literally


I hear the child with nowhere eyes

as they turn the key

as they lock him away

as they don’t know what to do with you

crying their lonely tears

with no-one to hold them to love them

to say you’re okay

special in your own way


Now I see the adult still trying to fit in

still the child with the nowhere eyes

I see them clearly

when I look in the mirror

for you might understand

the child with the nowhere eyes

is me


©merimaat Kev.T. Brown 2022


No comments:

Post a Comment

Manx General Election 24 September 2026. A personal reflection

 The Manx General Election took place on Thursday 24 September 2026, it was our chance to elect a new government for the next 5 years. I can...