Monday, 11 January 2021

Friends

FRIENDS


Friends

A hand reached out

And was caught

Friends

I stumbled

But I did not fall

Friends

People to trust

Friends

Smile through our pain

Friends

Never let you down

Friends

A haven from the storm

Friends

You and me and us

Friends

Stars in my beard

Friends

Accept what you are

Friends

Star lights in the darkness

Here I am if you need one

To say I care

A friend 


(c) copyright merimaat 2021

I wrote this nearly 40 years ago as part of a collection of poems that I created and it is still together and I must get around to editing .  In these times it seems only correct that I share it as I mean every word of it as I did back in those years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Manx General Election 24 September 2026. A personal reflection

 The Manx General Election took place on Thursday 24 September 2026, it was our chance to elect a new government for the next 5 years. I can...